this was a good week
This was a good week! Here’s why:
• My sister and her kids came to town, I had the opportunity to have meetings in my favourite coffeehouse — twice! — and tonight we’re going to see Mamma Mia at the Hobby Center! It’s all good.
• The hidden power of light. Incredible article, and something I’ve been thinking about a lot, lately. (Brace for impending blog posts.)
• Photos of animals made of food. So clever!
• When Marcus and I got married, instead of having a wedding cake, we served individual cakes just like these. Maybe it’s time I learn how to make them, in time our anniversary?
• And finally, for today’s soundtrack: I recently stumbled across this song, Begin, by Shallou, and it’s been on repeat while I work. I love its easy vibe.
Click here or the image below to listen.
Have a great weekend, friends. See you next week.
Featuring old cameras, weird photos and the stories we tell ourselves.
Featuring expressive animators, watercolour sitcoms, and kung-fu-fighting nuns.
Featuring a knitted fence, chalk graffiti, and 100 days of vertical video.
Featuring a wind ballet, a giant tapestry, and a camera made out of a shipping container
Featuring volleyball, optical illusion murals, and blues musicians.
Featuring a solar eclipse, an inflatable labyrinth, and a pug with moves.
Featuring possibly haunted staircases, an epic reading list, and an all-female around-the-world sailing crew.
Featuring fireflies, optical illusions, and laughter from a dirty joke.
Featuring dry erase art, crocheted leaves and twigs, and the amazing Billy Porter.
Featuring food cameras, laughing babies, and Mahalia