this was a good week
This was a good week! Here’s why:
• The redbuds are starting to blossom, I have lunch with an old friend I haven’t seen in almost 20 years today, and Alex turns 15 (!!) over the weekend!
• I had the honour of meeting Liza Donnelly, a cartoonist for the New Yorker, last year at the Erma Bombeck Writers’ Workshop (in fact, she gifted me a signed copy of one of her cartoons!). She did some beautiful live drawing for the Academy Awards this week, and I am here for it.
• And speaking of travelers, I really love my friend Pam’s thoughts on redefining women’s travel. Damn straight.
• This image of the moon, made from 50,000 individual images. Holy detail, Batman. Be sure to click on one of the cropped images in that post to see the full impact.
• This bit of wisdom. They’re not wrong.
Have a great weekend, friends.
Featuring haka, underwater restaurants, and an insane library.
Featuring floating islands, Greenland, and a horse who is a serious Star Wars fan.
Featuring the kindness of strangers, mobile gardens, and bodies covered in stars.
Featuring beautiful commuters, the moon in detail, and celebratory cartoons.
Featuring the power of light, mind-blowing quilts and molten cakes. Yeah, baby.
Featuring tiny houses, giant kites, and a love train.
Featuring small tomato plants, small whales, and small talk.
Featuring elephant seals, a pimped-out wheelchair, and rolled snow. As you do.
Featuring a s’cool bus, a surfer, and a soft “skeleton.”
Featuring Abraham Lincoln, getting naked, and a baby on a hoverboard.