this was a good week
This was a good week! Here’s why:
• The redbuds are starting to blossom, I have lunch with an old friend I haven’t seen in almost 20 years today, and Alex turns 15 (!!) over the weekend!
• I had the honour of meeting Liza Donnelly, a cartoonist for the New Yorker, last year at the Erma Bombeck Writers’ Workshop (in fact, she gifted me a signed copy of one of her cartoons!). She did some beautiful live drawing for the Academy Awards this week, and I am here for it.
• And speaking of travelers, I really love my friend Pam’s thoughts on redefining women’s travel. Damn straight.
• This image of the moon, made from 50,000 individual images. Holy detail, Batman. Be sure to click on one of the cropped images in that post to see the full impact.
• This bit of wisdom. They’re not wrong.
Have a great weekend, friends.
Featuring old cameras, weird photos and the stories we tell ourselves.
Featuring expressive animators, watercolour sitcoms, and kung-fu-fighting nuns.
Featuring a knitted fence, chalk graffiti, and 100 days of vertical video.
Featuring a wind ballet, a giant tapestry, and a camera made out of a shipping container
Featuring volleyball, optical illusion murals, and blues musicians.
Featuring a solar eclipse, an inflatable labyrinth, and a pug with moves.
Featuring possibly haunted staircases, an epic reading list, and an all-female around-the-world sailing crew.
Featuring fireflies, optical illusions, and laughter from a dirty joke.
Featuring dry erase art, crocheted leaves and twigs, and the amazing Billy Porter.
Featuring food cameras, laughing babies, and Mahalia