this was a good week
This was a good week! Here’s why:
• The redbuds are starting to blossom, I have lunch with an old friend I haven’t seen in almost 20 years today, and Alex turns 15 (!!) over the weekend!
• I had the honour of meeting Liza Donnelly, a cartoonist for the New Yorker, last year at the Erma Bombeck Writers’ Workshop (in fact, she gifted me a signed copy of one of her cartoons!). She did some beautiful live drawing for the Academy Awards this week, and I am here for it.
• And speaking of travelers, I really love my friend Pam’s thoughts on redefining women’s travel. Damn straight.
• This image of the moon, made from 50,000 individual images. Holy detail, Batman. Be sure to click on one of the cropped images in that post to see the full impact.
• This bit of wisdom. They’re not wrong.
Have a great weekend, friends.
Featuring underwater photos, Shaolin Kung Fu, and movin’ on up.
This was a good week. I just didn’t have the heart to record it.
Featuring an ecosystem-in-a-bottle, a real black panther, and the sound of butterflies.
Featuring a new malaria vaccine, insects made of flowers, and NASA’s advice for your houseplants.
Featuring unmasked icons, joyful summers, and a bride & groom with water guns.
Featuring climbing beans, ASL slam poetry, and how to stay calm.
Featuring unzipped buildings, a cool Vespa, and John Malkovich.
Featuring dumb English laws, an idyllic co-working space, and Good Talk.
Featuring skydivers, subway riders, and stylish reptiles.
Featuring haka, underwater restaurants, and an insane library.