this was a good week
This was a good week! Here’s why:
• Alex participated in Model Montessori United Nations in New York City (her second year!), I bought a new (to me) car to replace the 15-year-old one my dad sold me for a dollar after we lost our cars in Hurricane Harvey (he wouldn’t let me pay him any more, despite my protests, and when I paid him, he promptly gave the dollar to Alex), and the orchid Marcus bought me last week is in full bloom.
• This amazing Ghanaian photographer shoots his intensely-coloured images with an iPhone. What?
• This underwater restaurant in Norway looks mesmerizing (and vaguely terrifying). Still want to visit it one day, though.
• And in Vietnam, this photographer stands on bridges and photographs street vendors below. Gorgeous.
• And finally, for today’s soundtrack, Dontcha from The Internet. This song popped up while I was working this week, and I love that it sort of has an 80s Hall-and-Oates vibe.
Click here or the image below to listen.
Have a wonderful weekend, friends. See you next week.
Featuring volleyball, optical illusion murals, and blues musicians.
Featuring a solar eclipse, an inflatable labyrinth, and a pug with moves.
Featuring possibly haunted staircases, an epic reading list, and an all-female around-the-world sailing crew.
Featuring fireflies, optical illusions, and laughter from a dirty joke.
Featuring dry erase art, crocheted leaves and twigs, and the amazing Billy Porter.
Featuring food cameras, laughing babies, and Mahalia
Featuring bubbles, an evil lair, and a secret tree font.
Featuring underwater photos, Shaolin Kung Fu, and movin’ on up.
This was a good week. I just didn’t have the heart to record it.
Featuring an ecosystem-in-a-bottle, a real black panther, and the sound of butterflies.