this was a good week
This was a good week! Here’s why:
• Alex participated in Model Montessori United Nations in New York City (her second year!), I bought a new (to me) car to replace the 15-year-old one my dad sold me for a dollar after we lost our cars in Hurricane Harvey (he wouldn’t let me pay him any more, despite my protests, and when I paid him, he promptly gave the dollar to Alex), and the orchid Marcus bought me last week is in full bloom.
• This amazing Ghanaian photographer shoots his intensely-coloured images with an iPhone. What?
• This underwater restaurant in Norway looks mesmerizing (and vaguely terrifying). Still want to visit it one day, though.
• And in Vietnam, this photographer stands on bridges and photographs street vendors below. Gorgeous.
• And finally, for today’s soundtrack, Dontcha from The Internet. This song popped up while I was working this week, and I love that it sort of has an 80s Hall-and-Oates vibe.
Click here or the image below to listen.
Have a wonderful weekend, friends. See you next week.
This was a good week. I just didn’t have the heart to record it.
Featuring an ecosystem-in-a-bottle, a real black panther, and the sound of butterflies.
Featuring a new malaria vaccine, insects made of flowers, and NASA’s advice for your houseplants.
Featuring unmasked icons, joyful summers, and a bride & groom with water guns.
Featuring climbing beans, ASL slam poetry, and how to stay calm.
Featuring unzipped buildings, a cool Vespa, and John Malkovich.
Featuring dumb English laws, an idyllic co-working space, and Good Talk.
Featuring skydivers, subway riders, and stylish reptiles.
Featuring haka, underwater restaurants, and an insane library.
Featuring floating islands, Greenland, and a horse who is a serious Star Wars fan.