this was a good week
This was a great week! Here’s why:
• I had a 3-hour lunch with a former boss I hadn’t seen in 10 years — such a joy!; Marcus surprised me with grocery store gladioli, and this weekend I’m going prom dress shopping with Alex. It’s all good.
• There’s a brand new malaria vaccine. People, this is big.
• I cannot get over the amazing decor of this home. I love a house with soul and meaning.
• If you’re a font geek like me (and man, am I a font geek), you’re going to love this font that adjusts as you type. So cool.
• This artist makes insects and animals out of freshly cut flowers. I can’t take my eyes off of them.
• And speaking of nature, you know that feeling you get when you’re in the middle of the forest, and you look up at the tree tops? This photographer captures that feeling perfectly.
• And finally, NASA has come up with a list of the best air-cleaning houseplants, and Marcus needs to worry: I suspect our home is about to look like a jungle.
With that, have a great weekend, friends. See you next week.
Featuring edible clothing, a paralyzed man who walks, and a joyful musical family.
Featuring underground caverns, MonkeyBird murals and a funky dance.
Featuring a drone annoying a dog, a sleeping octopus, and a bonsai that’s seen some stuff.
Featuring beautiful harvest images, a portrait of the elusive Banksy, and ways to help those affected by Tropical Storm Imelda this past week.
Featuring a true polyglot, funny animals, and the good kind of scat.
Featuring weird animals, beautiful landscapes, and how to help the Bahamas recover from Hurricane Dorian.
Featuring crazy-realistic paintings, movement for the joy of it, and the best open letter to a man who yelled “Go back to Africa!” ever.
Featuring old cameras, weird photos and the stories we tell ourselves.
Featuring expressive animators, watercolour sitcoms, and kung-fu-fighting nuns.
Featuring a knitted fence, chalk graffiti, and 100 days of vertical video.