this was a good week
This was a great week! Here’s why:
• I had a 3-hour lunch with a former boss I hadn’t seen in 10 years — such a joy!; Marcus surprised me with grocery store gladioli, and this weekend I’m going prom dress shopping with Alex. It’s all good.
• There’s a brand new malaria vaccine. People, this is big.
• I cannot get over the amazing decor of this home. I love a house with soul and meaning.
• If you’re a font geek like me (and man, am I a font geek), you’re going to love this font that adjusts as you type. So cool.
• This artist makes insects and animals out of freshly cut flowers. I can’t take my eyes off of them.
• And speaking of nature, you know that feeling you get when you’re in the middle of the forest, and you look up at the tree tops? This photographer captures that feeling perfectly.
• And finally, NASA has come up with a list of the best air-cleaning houseplants, and Marcus needs to worry: I suspect our home is about to look like a jungle.
With that, have a great weekend, friends. See you next week.
This was a good week. I just didn’t have the heart to record it.
Featuring an ecosystem-in-a-bottle, a real black panther, and the sound of butterflies.
Featuring a new malaria vaccine, insects made of flowers, and NASA’s advice for your houseplants.
Featuring unmasked icons, joyful summers, and a bride & groom with water guns.
Featuring climbing beans, ASL slam poetry, and how to stay calm.
Featuring unzipped buildings, a cool Vespa, and John Malkovich.
Featuring dumb English laws, an idyllic co-working space, and Good Talk.
Featuring skydivers, subway riders, and stylish reptiles.
Featuring haka, underwater restaurants, and an insane library.
Featuring floating islands, Greenland, and a horse who is a serious Star Wars fan.