this was a good week
This was a good week! Here’s why:
• Even though this week’s storms and flooding has put our family on edge, there’s no denying my tomatoes are loving the weather. Also, the rain is predicted to let up in time for Mother’s Day, and we have big family plans. It’s all good.
• Speaking of gardens and water, this garden-in-a-bottle hasn’t been watered in over 40 years, and is thriving. Great illustration of our planet, don’t you think?
• Four things kids wish their parents knew. Admission: I’m guilty of a few.
• The sound of millions of monarch butterflies. Magical.
• And finally, for today’s soundtrack, an oldie but a goodie: The Rain by Missy Elliott. Because seriously, this week’s storm has us on edge.
Click here or the image below to watch/listen.
Have a great weekend, friends. See you next week.
Featuring a true polyglot, funny animals, and the good kind of scat.
Featuring weird animals, beautiful landscapes, and how to help the Bahamas recover from Hurricane Dorian.
Featuring crazy-realistic paintings, movement for the joy of it, and the best open letter to a man who yelled “Go back to Africa!” ever.
Featuring old cameras, weird photos and the stories we tell ourselves.
Featuring expressive animators, watercolour sitcoms, and kung-fu-fighting nuns.
Featuring a knitted fence, chalk graffiti, and 100 days of vertical video.
Featuring a wind ballet, a giant tapestry, and a camera made out of a shipping container
Featuring volleyball, optical illusion murals, and blues musicians.
Featuring a solar eclipse, an inflatable labyrinth, and a pug with moves.
Featuring possibly haunted staircases, an epic reading list, and an all-female around-the-world sailing crew.