this was a good week
This was a good week! Here’s why:
• . It was a lovely short week, which means sitting outside on the patio with a glass of wine and reading a book over multiple days. Ahhh.
• There was a full solar eclipse in Chile this week, and these images of it are gorgeous.
• . An inflatable labyrinth of light and colour. WHAT.
• . Modern wet plate photographs of Native Americans. These are breathtaking.
• . I ain’t gonna lie, as soon as I looked into this dog’s eyes, I started popping and locking.
• . And finally, for today’s soundtrack: Isaac and Nora. From their YouTube page, they are a Korean-French brother and sister (ages 11 and 8), accompanied by their dad, and filmed by their mom. And they’re totally charming. Take a listen.
On that incredibly sweet note, have a great weekend, friends. See you next week.
Featuring a true polyglot, funny animals, and the good kind of scat.
Featuring weird animals, beautiful landscapes, and how to help the Bahamas recover from Hurricane Dorian.
Featuring crazy-realistic paintings, movement for the joy of it, and the best open letter to a man who yelled “Go back to Africa!” ever.
Featuring old cameras, weird photos and the stories we tell ourselves.
Featuring expressive animators, watercolour sitcoms, and kung-fu-fighting nuns.
Featuring a knitted fence, chalk graffiti, and 100 days of vertical video.
Featuring a wind ballet, a giant tapestry, and a camera made out of a shipping container
Featuring volleyball, optical illusion murals, and blues musicians.
Featuring a solar eclipse, an inflatable labyrinth, and a pug with moves.
Featuring possibly haunted staircases, an epic reading list, and an all-female around-the-world sailing crew.