this was a good week
This was a good week, friends! Here’s why:
• Marcus is still so happy from getting his fill of family and homeland, we made it home safely, and we’re officially back in our usual Houston groove. It’s all good.
• A few months ago, I became a pescatarian — no meat, save for seafood. That said, this vegetarian dish looks amazing.
• If I ever became a nun, I’d want to be a badass like these women.
• This car mechanic became a doctor at age 47. I love this story.
• I always knew animators study their own faces to capture expressions, but the photographs of them doing so are still so charmingly funny.
• Also charming: these watercolours of 70s sitcom characters.
With that, see you next week, friends.
Featuring beautiful harvest images, a portrait of the elusive Banksy, and ways to help those affected by Tropical Storm Imelda this past week.
Featuring a true polyglot, funny animals, and the good kind of scat.
Featuring weird animals, beautiful landscapes, and how to help the Bahamas recover from Hurricane Dorian.
Featuring crazy-realistic paintings, movement for the joy of it, and the best open letter to a man who yelled “Go back to Africa!” ever.
Featuring old cameras, weird photos and the stories we tell ourselves.
Featuring expressive animators, watercolour sitcoms, and kung-fu-fighting nuns.
Featuring a knitted fence, chalk graffiti, and 100 days of vertical video.
Featuring a wind ballet, a giant tapestry, and a camera made out of a shipping container
Featuring volleyball, optical illusion murals, and blues musicians.
Featuring a solar eclipse, an inflatable labyrinth, and a pug with moves.