this was a good week
This was a good week! Here’s why:
• Breakfast over several days consisted of mugs of hot tea, coconut sweet bread and guava jam, Alex returns from her back-to-school retreat today, and this weekend is a long weekend. What’s not to love?
• If you like these This Was A Good Week posts, you’re gonna love this: musician David Byrne has launched a new website called Reasons to be Cheerful, sharing stories of good that are happening in the world. Insta-follow, man.
• I keep returning to these paintings and refuse to believe they are actually paintings. Seriously? Paintings?
• Things that make my friend Andrea feel like a new woman. Me too, girl, me too.
• Ever wonder what happens when you respond to spam email? After watching this video, I’m desperately waiting for my next email from a prince.
• And finally — do you keep up with NPR’s Tiny Desk Concerts? I’ve found such beautiful music there, of all genres. And this week, I discovered the music of Tobe Nwigwe, who I’d never heard of before … and he’s from Houston! His is the very best kind of rap and hip hop, in my opinion: smart lyrics, over a groovy, jazzy beat. Click here or the image below to enjoy.
With that, have a lovely weekend, my brothers & sisters. If you’re in America, have a wonderful, peaceful Labor Day weekend; and if you’re in Florida, stay safe, friends: evacuate if you can; and if you can’t, hunker down, prepare as well as you can, and don’t take any chances. I’m thinking of you.