this was a good week
This was a good week! Here’s why:
• While it’s still unreasonably hot for this time of year, it’s dry and not unbearable; also Marcus had a big birthday this week, and to celebrate I bought him a drone, which means he’s found a wonderful way to decompress after a hard day’s work. (Soca, however, is decidedly unimpressed.)
• I’ve been following this journaller for a while now — his work is breathtaking.
• These scribbled portraits are cool. And ghostly. But mostly cool.
• Crocheted GI Joe figures. Fantastic.
• And finally, for today’s soundtrack: I don’t watch The Voice, but I have to admit I’m mesmerized by the coaches’ cover of Extreme’s More than Words. Click here or the image below to watch and listen.
On that harmonious note, have a great weekend everybody.
come lime with me?
Lime Retreats is back! If you’d like the chance to hang out with me and an intimate group of light-chasers and goal-makers, consider joining me for the brand new Lime Retreats on Saturday, November 16th, for a dream-making, goal-setting, strategy-activating day retreat with good food, good music and good fun! Held in a funky art gallery in downtown Houston, the day promises to set you on your way to curating a joyful life. Heck, you might want to even make a weekend of it!
Click here or the button below to register — space is very limited.
Featuring edible clothing, a paralyzed man who walks, and a joyful musical family.
Featuring underground caverns, MonkeyBird murals and a funky dance.
Featuring a drone annoying a dog, a sleeping octopus, and a bonsai that’s seen some stuff.
Featuring beautiful harvest images, a portrait of the elusive Banksy, and ways to help those affected by Tropical Storm Imelda this past week.
Featuring a true polyglot, funny animals, and the good kind of scat.
Featuring weird animals, beautiful landscapes, and how to help the Bahamas recover from Hurricane Dorian.
Featuring crazy-realistic paintings, movement for the joy of it, and the best open letter to a man who yelled “Go back to Africa!” ever.
Featuring old cameras, weird photos and the stories we tell ourselves.
Featuring expressive animators, watercolour sitcoms, and kung-fu-fighting nuns.
Featuring a knitted fence, chalk graffiti, and 100 days of vertical video.