#naphopomo day 13: this was a good week
This was an awesome week! Here's why:
• Today's Friday the 13th (my lucky day!), I got a ton of work done this week, and I had fun playing in my entryway with my camera, trying to capture the perfect sunburst. (Playing with my camera is a surefire way to make any day a pretty good one.)
• This week was the Hindu celebration of Divali, the triumph of light over darkness. And this 25-second video shows how beautiful the celebration can be.
• Speaking of videos, the Thames Valley Police in the United Kingdom have a one explaining sexual consent. Turns out, it's exactly like tea.
• After sharing that poppy image yesterday, I've been feeling a little "homesick" for Paris. Luckily, this Paris through a Pentax camera video is taking me there.
• Sierra Leone is ebola free! They celebrated by doing the azonto, which is waaaaay better than whipping and nae-naeing. Yeah, I said it.
• This 56-year-old was interviewed by his 18-year-old self -- really. SO cool.
• And finally, for today's soundtrack: it turns out that 20 years later, it's still ironic -- just in a 21st century way. Click here or the image below to watch.
Have a great weekend, friends.
(Also, speaking of weekend, don't forget: my new ecourse Advent of Light is now open for registration, and the price goes up after this weekend. It's sort of a nonreligious, audio/visual "advent calendar" -- daily audio prompts and image downloads, and a date with your journal for 24 straight days in December. It's a commitment to being kind to yourself during the hectic year-end. Join me.)