this was a good week
Here are a few things that made this week awesome:
• The azaleas are back -- alleluia. Nothing is a surer sign of spring in Houston than the return of the azaleas, and spring is when Houston is at its finest. Welcome back, lovelies.
• The richness of these wedding photos. Good Lord, that's a lot of beauty right there.
• This is the kind of physics mindbender that totally geeks out my dad.
• I am mesmerized by this beautiful blog This is 50 -- photographed by the talented Kristin Perers, and featuring beautiful, creative, incredible portraits of women in their 50s. Kristin has me champing at the bit to turn 50 already.
• The Lime Retreats blog is alive! Last week, I shared my tips for starting a journaling practice, and this week, I shared one of my favourite TED talks (about "going gangsta") -- I love that guy. (And while we're at it, if you're interested in coming to the first LimeLight Session in Houston this fall, I've also posted a form to submit your email address, so you can be be the first to know when registration opens. Spaces will be limited, so I hope you'll join me!)
• Love these reflections on portraiture (to say nothing of the stunning portraits themselves).
• And the best of all: today I'm off to get lost with Marcus and Alex for Alex's spring break. We'll be busy doing Jell-O shots and entering wet t-shirt contests (as you do) at an undisclosed location, so I'll be away from Chookooloonks for a week or so, and will surely share pics when I return. I can't wait. (That said, if you'd like to have sneak preview of where we'll be and what we'll be up to, I plan on updating Instagram and, if Instagram isn't your thing, Facebook while we're gone, so you can keep up with us there.) (Relax, I promise I won't be doing Jell-O shots or entering wet t-shirt contests. I can't vouch for Marcus or Alex, though.)
• Finally, while we're gone, here's something to listen to: what our spring break will sound like, if all goes as planned (warning, though, the Lorde song has some NSFW lyrics). Enjoy, friends, and see you soon.