This was a stellar week, my friends. Here's why:
• After a drizzly, cold start to the week, the sun came out gloriously. I had coffee with a smart, funny lovely new friend, who allowed me to take her portrait. And we have a relatively quiet, yet celebratory weekend planned. Booyah.
• While I'm not generally as taken with Benedict Cumberbatch as many are (I enjoy him in Sherlock, but I'm more of a Martin Freeman fan), I have to admit I sort of fell in love with him in this behind-the-scenes video of his Vanity Fair magazine photo shoot. There's nothing more fun than a photography subject who's game to do anything.
• 17 renowned African-American photographers. While I was familiar with the work of a few, there were many I'd never heard of. I can't wait to learn more about there work.
• There are apparently only 2 kinds of people in this world. I sort of zigzag through the list, but I have an emphatic opinion about each one.
• When I was about 12 years old, I went through a huge origami stage. But I never made anything as epic as these. Awesome.
• Some AMAZING news: you know that wonderful design collaboration that I did with VIDA? Well, it was so well received (for which I'm HUGELY grateful to you all), they've invited me to do something even bigger. I'll tell you all more about it soon, but for now, here's a sneak peak -- available for preorder! Go get you some. (Related: hooray for spring!)
• Finally, for the song of the day: this video for the song Even After All, by Finley Quaye. Marcus first introduced me to this artist (and this song) when we just started dating, so I have a lot of nostalgic feelings for it. But this is the first time I've seen the official video.
Click here or on the image below to watch.
Have a great weekend, friends.