this was a good week
This was a good week! Here's why:
• My cold is pretty much gone, alleluia! I forced myself to stay in bed for a day, and coupled with Marcus' Magic Cure-All-Made-From-Scratch Soup, I'm feeling as right as rain. (Before you ask, unfortunately I can't share the recipe, because he makes it differently every time, as imagined on-the-spot from his very head. I do know that his concoctions usually include both chicken and shrimp, a ton of corn, and obscene amounts of ginger, garlic and pepper. God bless him, I'd have married him for his cooking alone.)
• Astronaut Reid Weisman discusses a photo he loves. Actually, all the photos he shares at that link are mesmerizing. (Also, I'm a little geeked that he shoots the same camera I do!) Make sure to have your sound turned up (or your headphones on).
• Woolgathering is one of those quiet little blogs I've actually been following for over a decade at this point -- and it suddenly dawned on me that I've never shared her with you. Elizabeth, the artist behind this site, shares a sketch a day -- just simple drawings of her life. She never fails to bring a smile to my face.
• May I one day have this woman's spirit. (Warning, salty language!)
• 7 lost American slang words. They're sort of woofy, if you get me.
• For those of you who enjoy the togs posts, I realize it's been a while since I've done one (it turns out that taking full-length self-portraits is hard). In the interim, however, I thought it would be fun to share the items in my life -- clothing, and other things as well -- that I really enjoy. And so, I've developed a little carousel of my favourite things (inventively called, "Karen's Favourite Things") found at the footer of this site. Some of them are affiliate-linked, some are not; however all of them are things that I actually own and use in my offline life, and recommend unreservedly. (Also, if you'd like to see them all in one place, you can find them here.) I'll update as I fall in love with new products accordingly.
• And finally, for the song of the day: this A M A Z I N G yoga demonstration from Laruga Glaser, a Sweden-based yoga instructor. Even though I admit I was cringing through some of the poses (how does her body do that?!), there's no doubt they she is jaw-droppingly stunning.
And on that shockingly bendy note, have a great weekend, friends. See you next week.