After a week off, this was a good week. Here's why:
• My schedule has gone from maniacal to merely busy, which means that I have time to focus on family and close friends for a few weeks. I'm so relieved!
• Grocery-store-bought flowers, FTW.
• I've got no air travel scheduled for a while, but I'm thinking that given my love of sushi, I'm going to have to get these for my next trip. (Only issue: I might be tempted to let my suitcase move around the carousel a few times before claiming it, just for my own entertainment.)
• Speaking of air travel, four-year-old Léa's dad is an acrobatic pilot, and he took her on her first acrobatic flight. I don't have any idea what they're saying, but I'd say she's having a whale of a time. (The difference between Léa and me? I'd be sobbing hysterically.)
• My friend Lola had the opportunity to visit a small town in Italy called Ville Montetiffi, where a small family is reviving the 500+ year old tradition of hand-making terracotta pans -- and because she's a photographer, she took some amazing photographs of the process. Goodness, how Lola's images always give me wanderlust.
• As of Monday, it's officially summer: the season of beaches. So I really love these photographs of sand, extra close up. I'll be looking at Galveston Beach a whole new way.
• Women's fashion over 100 years in 3 minutes. We've come a long way, baby.
• And finally, another JohnnySwim original, Take the World. I know I featured them recently, but the mood of this song really captures how I've been feeling lately. Besides, it's June, which is wedding season -- and it's kind of the perfect wedding song.
Click here or on the image below to listen.
Have a peaceful weekend, friends. See you next week.