This was a lovely week. Here's why:
• Someone got her "summer cut" at the groomers this week. She's still very cute, and very naughty. (But really, very cute.)
• I was (who am I kidding, AM) a huge fan of Sesame Street -- so when I found out Maria (played by Sonia Manzano) is retiring after an astonishing 44 years of being on the show, I couldn't help but be thrilled for her. (That link also has a great video of an interview Sonia did about how they wrote her marriage and pregnancy into the show. Worth grabbing a cuppa and taking a look.)
• Erykah Badu has the kind of style that I wish I could pull off. (I'll at least try to pull off her attitude.)
• This poor wedding photographer had a fall (a nasty one, by the looks of things), but still managed to fire off this epic shot on his way down. The expressions are awesome, and the bride and groom now have a great story to tell every time they open up their wedding album.
• Dude, who knew octopi could run?
• And finally, today's soundtrack: Dunes by Alabama Shakes. It's Independence Day weekend here in the United States, and Alabama Shakes, with it's folk, rock, funky-bluesy feel is about as Americana as music gets.
Click here or on the image below to watch.
Happy weekend, friends. Be safe, and be kind out there.