Well, friends, it's the end of another week -- and it was a great one! Here's why:
• I bought two new dresses, a pair of shoes, and this red lily, shown above, turned up out of nowhere in our garden, for no reason at all. I love happy surprises.
• I've always admired how food photographers make meals look so delicious -- I never can. But could it be because my food isn't fake enough?
• You all know how much I love journaling, so it's probably no surprise that I love how my friend Ali is recording her weekly life this year -- by simply filling clear, plastic pockets with notes and drawings and writing. She's a pro at this sort of thing, but every time I see her work, I'm surprised again. Gorgeous.
• Animal courtships performed by humans. It's very safe for work, but I'd be remiss if I didn't say that this is the most creative (and beautiful) condom commercial I have ever seen.
• And finally, speaking of love and courtship: for today's soundtrack, the music video for the song Monument by Mutemouth. It's based on the story of a man who made his house into a monument to his wife of almost 60 years after her death. Such beautiful joy, man. Click here or on the image below to watch.
Happy weekend, friends.