this was a good week
Okay, honestly? This was a phenomenal week. When I shared my news yesterday, while I admit I expected to receive good wishes, I was completely unprepared for the overwhelming number of emails, Facebook comments, direct messages, and other notes of encouragement and support that I received. Good Lord, you guys know how to make a girl feel special. Thank you. I hope I do you all proud in this new adventure.
For now, though, the least I can do is share a few other things that put a smile on my face this week, in the hope that they put a smile on yours:
• The subtle difference between Daniel Radcliffe and Elijah Wood. I've always said that these two bear an uncanny resemblance to each other, but this is really unsettling.
• What happens when two total strangers pose for a photograph together. Sometimes something really lovely happens.
• And speaking of art, check out these artistic homages to the everyday queens of Brooklyn and the Bronx, in New York.
• I suspect that it's because yesterday was the last day of Alex's school year that I'm finding this summer assignment list given by an Italian schoolteacher particularly appealing. It makes me want to do summer homework!
• And finally, for today's soundtrack, Justin Timberlake's Can't Stop The Feeling. Because between your lovely words yesterday and Alex being so happy to be finished with the 6th grade, this song pretty much captures the mood around here.
Click here or the image below to listen. (Pro tip: it works particularly well if you crank it all the way up.)
Have an amazing weekend, friends.