this was a good week
Oh, sweet friends: this was a good week. Here's why:
• Images from the final photoshoot of the late, great Muhammad Ali. He was still such a powerful man.
• And speaking of photos, lately I've been enthralled by the Instagram feed of Alisha Sommer -- it's so moody and delicious -- but you know who else has a gorgeous Instagram feed that's equally moody and delicious? Halle Berry. (Yes, that Halle Berry.) I don't know how much of it is actually her work (apparently, at least one of the images was taken by her 8-year-old daughter!), but whoever the photographers are, they're doing a lovely job.
• A 105-year-old artist continues to make beautiful art celebrating her Australian aboriginal roots. That's thriving for ya, right there.
• Speaking of art, artist David McGee is a friend of mine, and I stumbled across this old interview where he describes a particularly moving encounter with a European work of art. I love it so.
• And yet more art: ceçi n'est pas un animal. Amazing.
• I'm going to try really hard to remember this advice. It's not going to be easy.
• And finally, for today's soundtrack: this 5-minute video featuring an interview of the musical duo Chargaux. They are both classically-trained string instrumentalists, who use their talents to create hip-hop -- and it's so beautiful, as soon as I watched this video, I downloaded their latest album.
Grab a cuppa and click here or the image below to listen to their words and music.
With that, have a great weekend, friends.