this was a good week
This was a good week! Here's why:
• My friends Mark and Morgan came into town for quick trip. The purpose of the trip was actually business, but we're cramming in as much as we can while they're here.
• When they arrived yesterday, we went to check out teamLab's exhibit, Flowers & People, Cannot be Controlled but Live Together – A Whole Year per Hour, now showing at the Moody Center for the Arts at Rice University. The exhibit is "an interactive installation: sensors respond to visitors’ movements, causing flowers to sprout, bloom and wilt in an ever-changing cycle." It was seriously cool (that's Alex in the exhibit, above!).
• I've wanted to try my hand at ceramics off-and-on for a while now, and this video has renewed that interest in a big way. How great would it be to make those beautiful bowls and plates?
• Speaking of ceramics, these vases have octopi embedded in them. So cool.
• Stunning photographs by a polar photographer. Hover your mouse over the images in the slideshow at the top of the article to read the captions. We've got to start taking care of our planet, man.
• Amazing art made with screws -- and in 3D, so blind people can "see" it.
• And finally for today's soundtrack, I can't go for that as performed by Daryl Hall and Cee Lo Green. This video makes me SO HAPPY. Click here or the image below to watch.
Have a great weekend, friends.