this was a good week
Friends, I know I've been absent this week, but it's all for good reasons. Here's why:
• I'm currently on an overnight trip to Sacramento, to do a closing keynote for a nonprofit organization that focuses on kids. And that's always a good thing. Plus? Last Friday, we signed a lease on an apartment, and have been slowly moving in all week -- which means we finally have a settled home for the next year while we focus on rebuilding. When I return to Houston tonight, I'll be returning to our new place. So excited.
• And since we'll be in our new place, I'm thinking that this might be the perfect Sunday dinner to christen it. Even though the temperature in Houston doesn't quite agree, this dish screams "autumn."
• The only way I could get intrigued by those infernal fidget spinners is to watch them spinning in space. So cool.
• Trees around the world, and the stories they tell us. Gorgeous.
• And speaking of stories, a copy of Fahrenheit 451 you have to light on fire to read. CLEVER.
• An 80-foot steel kraken is about to become an artificial coral reef. Anything that helps save the coral in the Caribbean, I'm all about.
• And finally, this photographer waits in museums for folks who match the part to pass by. I love this so much. And glory be, the man has an Instagram account, too.
With that, have a great weekend, friends. See you next week.