this was a good week
This was a good week! Here's why:
• Today's my mom's birthday, the Astros are in the World Series, and the heat has finally broken -- alleluia. Also, since we're back in our old neighbourhood now, I've returned to my usual movement routine, including revisiting the old hike-and-bike trail. Yay, normalcy.
• Speaking of moving back, yesterday I did a Facebook Live touring the little apartment, and talking about starting an art collection habit. Did you see it? Thinking of doing more of those -- so be sure to like the page and stay tuned!
• 31 Things that Happen When You Decide to Live Your Dreams. I clicked on that link expecting to think it was full of bunk but ... I didn't. There are lots of truths to these words. Give it a read?
• Just in time for Halloween: a stop-motion video made of ... carved pumpkins. This video makes my carving skills look particularly pathetic.
• And speaking of Halloween, my friend Jenny Lawson is giving a tour of her haunted dollhouse. It is incredible. Don't miss the second and third installments here and here.
• And speaking of cool art, check out what you can do with a rotating staircase, a trampoline, and some coordination. Awesome.
• Thoughts of a self-portraitist (as opposed to a selfie-taker). So interesting.
• And finally, for today's soundtrack -- remember that cool black-and-white animated video that A-ha did back in the 80s, for the song "Take on me"? (That song was definitely on the soundtrack of my youth.) Well, 32 years later, they just released another video -- and this time, it's an acoustic version. It is surprisingly lovely. Click here or the image below to give it a listen.
Have a great weekend, friends. See you next week.