this was a good week
This was a good week. Here's why:
• We got walls in our house, I spent some time co-teaching Brené Brown's work to the staff of a local high school (as part of a pilot of her upcoming Daring Classrooms) and today I got henna. It's my self-care.
• This might be one of the coolest things I've ever shared here: Radio Garden, an interactive global map where you can hear the radio stations from places around the world. There's something about hearing what's happening on the local airways that makes you feel like you're right there.
• Creatures of the night sea. Gorgeous.
• More underwater photography -- this time, looking like baroque paintings.
• And finally, for today's soundtrack: what else could it be, but Think by Aretha Franklin? God bless her soul -- and may she rest in peace.
Have a great weekend, friends.
Featuring climbing beans, ASL slam poetry, and how to stay calm.
Featuring unzipped buildings, a cool Vespa, and John Malkovich.
Featuring dumb English laws, an idyllic co-working space, and Good Talk.
Featuring skydivers, subway riders, and stylish reptiles.
Featuring haka, underwater restaurants, and an insane library.
Featuring floating islands, Greenland, and a horse who is a serious Star Wars fan.
Featuring the kindness of strangers, mobile gardens, and bodies covered in stars.
Featuring beautiful commuters, the moon in detail, and celebratory cartoons.
Featuring the power of light, mind-blowing quilts and molten cakes. Yeah, baby.
Featuring tiny houses, giant kites, and a love train.