this was a good week
This was a good week. Here's why:
• We got walls in our house, I spent some time co-teaching Brené Brown's work to the staff of a local high school (as part of a pilot of her upcoming Daring Classrooms) and today I got henna. It's my self-care.
• This might be one of the coolest things I've ever shared here: Radio Garden, an interactive global map where you can hear the radio stations from places around the world. There's something about hearing what's happening on the local airways that makes you feel like you're right there.
• Creatures of the night sea. Gorgeous.
• More underwater photography -- this time, looking like baroque paintings.
• And finally, for today's soundtrack: what else could it be, but Think by Aretha Franklin? God bless her soul -- and may she rest in peace.
Have a great weekend, friends.
Dogs on land, dogs of the sea, and the most beautiful eulogy I’ve ever read.
Featuring Chris Hemsworth, body art, and our cool new welcome mat.
Featuring a wedding in Iceland, Ed Sheeran, and 350-year-old ice cream.
A quick one today.
Featuring art as mirror, x-rays of zoo animals, and an almost perfect apple pie.
Featuring butterfly wings, an awesome obituary and a Jamiroquai/Bee Gees mashup.
Featuring horror movies, Japanese funeral flower arrangements, and cross-stitch for hip-hop.
Featuring lessons from comedy, winding roads, and Daryl Hall & Kenny Loggins.
Featuring rugs, trombones and terrifyingly realistic masks.
Hang in there, friends. Light is coming.