this was a good week
This was a good week. Here's why:
• We got walls in our house, I spent some time co-teaching Brené Brown's work to the staff of a local high school (as part of a pilot of her upcoming Daring Classrooms) and today I got henna. It's my self-care.
• This might be one of the coolest things I've ever shared here: Radio Garden, an interactive global map where you can hear the radio stations from places around the world. There's something about hearing what's happening on the local airways that makes you feel like you're right there.
• Creatures of the night sea. Gorgeous.
• More underwater photography -- this time, looking like baroque paintings.
• And finally, for today's soundtrack: what else could it be, but Think by Aretha Franklin? God bless her soul -- and may she rest in peace.
Have a great weekend, friends.
Hang in there, friends. Light is coming.
Chromophobia, accidental murals, and I’m lovin’ it.
Kids meet an opera singer, a drivable LEGO car, and Godzilla.
Featuring rice murals, a blind surfer, and Janet.
Global radio, voice acting and the inimitable Aretha Franklin.
Featuring ethical fashion, out-of-focus paintings, and Bobby McFerrin’s kid.
Featuring centenarian runners, child ukulele-players and the genius of love.
Featuring felted art, ballpoint pen art and badass elephant-defenders.
Featuring dogpiles, protest walks and summertime sounds.
Featuring talking trees, hyprrealism, and Chaka Khan.