this was a good week
This was a good week! Here’s why:
• I mean, come on: any week that has a day devoted to love in it is going to be a good week.
• And on the subject of love, here’s a simple secret to a more joyful relationship.
• “I want people to not have fear loving others and caring for others and sharing.” This popular Washington D.C. restaurant feeds the poor and homeless every day.
• It’s way past the Day of the Dead, but I just stumbled across this video, and these giant kites that celebrate this day in Guatemala are mindboggling.
• And speaking of art, this artist uses Microsoft Excel instead of paint. You heard me.
• And how about this architect — of miniature houses. Holy crow, his work is beautiful.
• And finally, for today’s soundtrack: people all over the world, start a love train. Click here or the image below to watch (you’ll probably see a few faces you recognize, too).
With that, have a great weekend, everybody. Go love each other.
Featuring haka, underwater restaurants, and an insane library.
Featuring floating islands, Greenland, and a horse who is a serious Star Wars fan.
Featuring the kindness of strangers, mobile gardens, and bodies covered in stars.
Featuring beautiful commuters, the moon in detail, and celebratory cartoons.
Featuring the power of light, mind-blowing quilts and molten cakes. Yeah, baby.
Featuring tiny houses, giant kites, and a love train.
Featuring small tomato plants, small whales, and small talk.
Featuring elephant seals, a pimped-out wheelchair, and rolled snow. As you do.
Featuring a s’cool bus, a surfer, and a soft “skeleton.”
Featuring Abraham Lincoln, getting naked, and a baby on a hoverboard.