this was a good week
This was a good week! Here’s why:
• I mean, come on: any week that has a day devoted to love in it is going to be a good week.
• And on the subject of love, here’s a simple secret to a more joyful relationship.
• “I want people to not have fear loving others and caring for others and sharing.” This popular Washington D.C. restaurant feeds the poor and homeless every day.
• It’s way past the Day of the Dead, but I just stumbled across this video, and these giant kites that celebrate this day in Guatemala are mindboggling.
• And speaking of art, this artist uses Microsoft Excel instead of paint. You heard me.
• And how about this architect — of miniature houses. Holy crow, his work is beautiful.
• And finally, for today’s soundtrack: people all over the world, start a love train. Click here or the image below to watch (you’ll probably see a few faces you recognize, too).
With that, have a great weekend, everybody. Go love each other.
Featuring underwater photos, Shaolin Kung Fu, and movin’ on up.
This was a good week. I just didn’t have the heart to record it.
Featuring an ecosystem-in-a-bottle, a real black panther, and the sound of butterflies.
Featuring a new malaria vaccine, insects made of flowers, and NASA’s advice for your houseplants.
Featuring unmasked icons, joyful summers, and a bride & groom with water guns.
Featuring climbing beans, ASL slam poetry, and how to stay calm.
Featuring unzipped buildings, a cool Vespa, and John Malkovich.
Featuring dumb English laws, an idyllic co-working space, and Good Talk.
Featuring skydivers, subway riders, and stylish reptiles.
Featuring haka, underwater restaurants, and an insane library.