this was a good week
This was a good week! Here’s why:
• I mean, come on: any week that has a day devoted to love in it is going to be a good week.
• And on the subject of love, here’s a simple secret to a more joyful relationship.
• “I want people to not have fear loving others and caring for others and sharing.” This popular Washington D.C. restaurant feeds the poor and homeless every day.
• It’s way past the Day of the Dead, but I just stumbled across this video, and these giant kites that celebrate this day in Guatemala are mindboggling.
• And speaking of art, this artist uses Microsoft Excel instead of paint. You heard me.
• And how about this architect — of miniature houses. Holy crow, his work is beautiful.
• And finally, for today’s soundtrack: people all over the world, start a love train. Click here or the image below to watch (you’ll probably see a few faces you recognize, too).
With that, have a great weekend, everybody. Go love each other.
Featuring volleyball, optical illusion murals, and blues musicians.
Featuring a solar eclipse, an inflatable labyrinth, and a pug with moves.
Featuring possibly haunted staircases, an epic reading list, and an all-female around-the-world sailing crew.
Featuring fireflies, optical illusions, and laughter from a dirty joke.
Featuring dry erase art, crocheted leaves and twigs, and the amazing Billy Porter.
Featuring food cameras, laughing babies, and Mahalia
Featuring bubbles, an evil lair, and a secret tree font.
Featuring underwater photos, Shaolin Kung Fu, and movin’ on up.
This was a good week. I just didn’t have the heart to record it.
Featuring an ecosystem-in-a-bottle, a real black panther, and the sound of butterflies.