this was a good week
This was a good week! Here’s why:
• The celebration of Alex’s birthday isn’t over (her friend-celebration is this weekend), Marcus and I began making plans for a family trip back to his homeland (we haven’t been back to England in 5 years), and I’m going to make the assumption that this was the last week of frost in Houston for the season, so we’re going to start planting our spring garden tomorrow. All good things.
• Reading between the lines — a work by Belgian architects Pieterjan Gijs and Arnout Van Vaerenbergh. Amazing.
• Japanese mini-trucks turned into gardens. How gorgeous is this?
• While I’m no fan of overindulging, I’m so intrigued by this photography project. Think there’s a way to get to the third glass image without the alcohol at all?
• A woman on Twitter asked her followers what the nicest thing a stranger has done for them was, and the responses on the thread that followed were so lovely. Seriously, it will restore your faith in humanity.
Have a great weekend, friends.
Featuring underwater photos, Shaolin Kung Fu, and movin’ on up.
This was a good week. I just didn’t have the heart to record it.
Featuring an ecosystem-in-a-bottle, a real black panther, and the sound of butterflies.
Featuring a new malaria vaccine, insects made of flowers, and NASA’s advice for your houseplants.
Featuring unmasked icons, joyful summers, and a bride & groom with water guns.
Featuring climbing beans, ASL slam poetry, and how to stay calm.
Featuring unzipped buildings, a cool Vespa, and John Malkovich.
Featuring dumb English laws, an idyllic co-working space, and Good Talk.
Featuring skydivers, subway riders, and stylish reptiles.
Featuring haka, underwater restaurants, and an insane library.