this was a good week
This was a good week! Here’s why:
• The celebration of Alex’s birthday isn’t over (her friend-celebration is this weekend), Marcus and I began making plans for a family trip back to his homeland (we haven’t been back to England in 5 years), and I’m going to make the assumption that this was the last week of frost in Houston for the season, so we’re going to start planting our spring garden tomorrow. All good things.
• Reading between the lines — a work by Belgian architects Pieterjan Gijs and Arnout Van Vaerenbergh. Amazing.
• Japanese mini-trucks turned into gardens. How gorgeous is this?
• While I’m no fan of overindulging, I’m so intrigued by this photography project. Think there’s a way to get to the third glass image without the alcohol at all?
• A woman on Twitter asked her followers what the nicest thing a stranger has done for them was, and the responses on the thread that followed were so lovely. Seriously, it will restore your faith in humanity.
Have a great weekend, friends.
Featuring haka, underwater restaurants, and an insane library.
Featuring floating islands, Greenland, and a horse who is a serious Star Wars fan.
Featuring the kindness of strangers, mobile gardens, and bodies covered in stars.
Featuring beautiful commuters, the moon in detail, and celebratory cartoons.
Featuring the power of light, mind-blowing quilts and molten cakes. Yeah, baby.
Featuring tiny houses, giant kites, and a love train.
Featuring small tomato plants, small whales, and small talk.
Featuring elephant seals, a pimped-out wheelchair, and rolled snow. As you do.
Featuring a s’cool bus, a surfer, and a soft “skeleton.”
Featuring Abraham Lincoln, getting naked, and a baby on a hoverboard.