this was a good week
This was a good week! Here’s why:
• I’m headed back home after attending the ALT Oasis in beautiful Palm Springs (so lovely meeting so many of you!), Marcus is safely back home from an unexpected trip to England, and Alex is back from NYC. In other words, the band’s together again!
• Did you guys here about that cruise ship that was stranded in stormy waters off the coast of Norway? Here’s a first-hand account from a journalist who was on board — his gratitude is absolutely beautiful to witness.
• Similar story: New York subway riders were stuck on a train — it was hot, it was uncomfortable and they made the best of it (be sure to read the caption).
• And speaking of art, I don’t even understand how these artists made these mirages and miracles.
• And finally, you guys already know how I feel about reptiles, but I’m pretty pleased for this caiman and her butterfly crown. Doesn’t she look pleased with herself?
With that, have a wonderful weekend, friends. See you next week!
This was a good week. I just didn’t have the heart to record it.
Featuring an ecosystem-in-a-bottle, a real black panther, and the sound of butterflies.
Featuring a new malaria vaccine, insects made of flowers, and NASA’s advice for your houseplants.
Featuring unmasked icons, joyful summers, and a bride & groom with water guns.
Featuring climbing beans, ASL slam poetry, and how to stay calm.
Featuring unzipped buildings, a cool Vespa, and John Malkovich.
Featuring dumb English laws, an idyllic co-working space, and Good Talk.
Featuring skydivers, subway riders, and stylish reptiles.
Featuring haka, underwater restaurants, and an insane library.
Featuring floating islands, Greenland, and a horse who is a serious Star Wars fan.