1. Buddhas. Of all shapes and sizes.
3. Swatches. But recently, I decided to stop wearing a watch, so this collection may not grow for a while.
5. Silver rings.
6. Cameras. Mostly inexpensive, vintage ones.
7. Crosses. Of all shapes and sizes.
8. Angel ornaments. I buy a new one each Christmas.
9. Books. Lots and lots of books.*
I think it's sort of interesting that when I first started making this list, I didn't think I would be able to come up with more than 2 or 3 things. But the truth is, this is probably just an abbreviated list of the items I do collect.
I wonder what the things we collect say about us? I wonder, years from now, if my great grandchildren come across this list, what conclusions they'll come to about me?
Do you collect things?
* Speaking of books, if you're in Houston and you're looking for a happy hour tonight, I hope you'll join me at the Kirtsy Takes a Bow book launch, from 6-9 pm at Bubblegum Tree Studio, 1305 Sterrett Street, Houston 77002. It would be lovely to see you.