this was a good week
Things that made me smile this week:
• Remember last week I said I was finished with my Christmas shopping? Okay, I take it back: I wasn't finished. But now I'm finished. I think.
• I don't crochet, but the combination of relentless Christmas spirit and Bobbi's funky Santa hat makes me want to.
• While I might not crochet, I do knit, and this week not only did I learn how to knit in the round, but also how to make a pompom. I realize that many of people learn how to make pompoms at a very young age, but I didn't, and honestly? I haven't felt this accomplished in years.
• Speaking of young ages, I have all kinds of childhood-nostalgia memories around the smell of gingerbread baking. This recipe might have to happen.
• The beautiful photographs of found natural objects on the blog STILL are mesmerizing.
• I don't tend to follow the blogs of wedding photographers, but oh my stars, how I do love the blog of Phil Chester. His photographs are so full of texture, and he embeds a music player that you can play while you scroll through his photographs, setting the mood of each photo shoot. Such beautiful, calming, wonderful work.
And on that note, friends, have a beautiful, soulful weekend. Here's a song to get you started.