This was a wonderful week. Here's why:
• I interviewed so many people this week for my upcoming book. Man, the stories. I am so excited to share them all with you.
• Thomas C. Knox invites people on dates while they wait in the New York City subway -- but I promise, it's not as creepy as you think. It's all about making connections, and it's really quite beautiful.
• Speaking of connections, check out this mural that spans 50 buildings, and the story behind it. Beautiful.
• Okay, I've been to the Canary Islands, and I don't remember them looking like this. Clearly, I'm going to have to go back!
• I recently discovered a tintype app for my camera phone -- an app that makes photographs look like they were taken by creating the image on a thin piece of metal, and I've been having a lot of fun with it. But these actual tintype portraits of celebrities are mesmerizing.
• My cyber-friend Jeanine began writing again. She's a relatively new mom, so she's at a different stage of life from me, but she blogs old-school, and I'm mesmerized: tons of photographs, tons of lovely, dreamy thoughts. I forgot what that was like, and she makes me want to do it more.
• How musical taste evolved. Grab your headphones for this -- you'll want to listen as you watch the graph change when you hit play.
• And finally, for today's soundtrack, a sweet new love song from JohnnySwim. I shared it on my Facebook page earlier this week, but I love how they look at each other as they sing this song, so I had to share it here, too. It feels like we snuck into their living room to watch them practice.
Grab a cuppa and click here or the image below to watch:
Have a great weekend, friends. May it be filled with love.