This was a good week! Here's why:
• Did you know yesterday was Candlemas? I'd never heard of it. It's a festival of light, and any holiday that calls for the lighting of all the candles in the house is one I can get behind.
• This photograph of a Jewish father and a Muslim father, united for a common cause. Those Chicago Trib photogs, man. What a great story.
• Missy Elliott came out with a new song called "I'm Better," and it's so good, this man got out of his hospital bed to dance to it.
• My sweet friend, National Geographic photographer Lola, shares why, now more than ever, it's time to dust off your passport -- no matter where in the world you call home -- and travel.
• And speaking of Lola, she lives in Sweden, where apparently, it's traditional to build snow lanterns. For those of you in snowier climates, how about you make a few this week and share them at #makelight?
• And speaking of light, remember you are a light because you shine. Never forget this.
• And finally, the soundtrack: I give you power, by Arcade Fire featuring Mavis Staples. Awww yeah.
Have a great weekend, friends.