this was a good week
This was a good week! Here’s why:
• We spoke with our contractor, and he tells us that as of today, we’re ahead of schedule — and barring any unforeseen circumstances, we should be back in our home within the next 6 weeks. Alleluia, alleluia. Also, we have kitchen countertops!
• This woman does cross-stitch for hip-hop artists. Yeah, I didn’t expect that either.
• My friend Jenny is watching a horror show a day for the entire month of October. If I liked horror, I would totally do this (although I will say the movie Get Out is brilliant, and everyone should watch it.)
• My friend Stasia’s thoughts on style and inside-out congruency are amazing. Everyone should watch this awesome TEDx talk.
• Speaking of style, famed fashion photographer Bill Cunningham’s posthumous memoir of style just came out, and I’m thinking about getting it.
• And finally, for today’s soundtrack, sister duo Larkin Poe cover Phil Collins’ In the Air Tonight, and it’s gorgeous. Click here or the image below to listen.
With that, I’m off to L.A. for my first speaking gig of October. Have a great weekend, friends.
Featuring a true polyglot, funny animals, and the good kind of scat.
Featuring weird animals, beautiful landscapes, and how to help the Bahamas recover from Hurricane Dorian.
Featuring crazy-realistic paintings, movement for the joy of it, and the best open letter to a man who yelled “Go back to Africa!” ever.
Featuring old cameras, weird photos and the stories we tell ourselves.
Featuring expressive animators, watercolour sitcoms, and kung-fu-fighting nuns.
Featuring a knitted fence, chalk graffiti, and 100 days of vertical video.
Featuring a wind ballet, a giant tapestry, and a camera made out of a shipping container
Featuring volleyball, optical illusion murals, and blues musicians.
Featuring a solar eclipse, an inflatable labyrinth, and a pug with moves.
Featuring possibly haunted staircases, an epic reading list, and an all-female around-the-world sailing crew.