this was a good week
This was a good week! Here’s why:
• We spoke with our contractor, and he tells us that as of today, we’re ahead of schedule — and barring any unforeseen circumstances, we should be back in our home within the next 6 weeks. Alleluia, alleluia. Also, we have kitchen countertops!
• This woman does cross-stitch for hip-hop artists. Yeah, I didn’t expect that either.
• My friend Jenny is watching a horror show a day for the entire month of October. If I liked horror, I would totally do this (although I will say the movie Get Out is brilliant, and everyone should watch it.)
• My friend Stasia’s thoughts on style and inside-out congruency are amazing. Everyone should watch this awesome TEDx talk.
• Speaking of style, famed fashion photographer Bill Cunningham’s posthumous memoir of style just came out, and I’m thinking about getting it.
• And finally, for today’s soundtrack, sister duo Larkin Poe cover Phil Collins’ In the Air Tonight, and it’s gorgeous. Click here or the image below to listen.
With that, I’m off to L.A. for my first speaking gig of October. Have a great weekend, friends.
Featuring butterfly wings, an awesome obituary and a Jamiroquai/Bee Gees mashup.
Featuring horror movies, Japanese funeral flower arrangements, and cross-stitch for hip-hop.
Featuring lessons from comedy, winding roads, and Daryl Hall & Kenny Loggins.
Featuring rugs, trombones and terrifyingly realistic masks.
Hang in there, friends. Light is coming.
Chromophobia, accidental murals, and I’m lovin’ it.
Kids meet an opera singer, a drivable LEGO car, and Godzilla.
Featuring rice murals, a blind surfer, and Janet.
Global radio, voice acting and the inimitable Aretha Franklin.
Featuring ethical fashion, out-of-focus paintings, and Bobby McFerrin’s kid.