this was a good week
This was a good week! Here’s why:
• We spoke with our contractor, and he tells us that as of today, we’re ahead of schedule — and barring any unforeseen circumstances, we should be back in our home within the next 6 weeks. Alleluia, alleluia. Also, we have kitchen countertops!
• This woman does cross-stitch for hip-hop artists. Yeah, I didn’t expect that either.
• My friend Jenny is watching a horror show a day for the entire month of October. If I liked horror, I would totally do this (although I will say the movie Get Out is brilliant, and everyone should watch it.)
• My friend Stasia’s thoughts on style and inside-out congruency are amazing. Everyone should watch this awesome TEDx talk.
• Speaking of style, famed fashion photographer Bill Cunningham’s posthumous memoir of style just came out, and I’m thinking about getting it.
• And finally, for today’s soundtrack, sister duo Larkin Poe cover Phil Collins’ In the Air Tonight, and it’s gorgeous. Click here or the image below to listen.
With that, I’m off to L.A. for my first speaking gig of October. Have a great weekend, friends.
This was a good week. I just didn’t have the heart to record it.
Featuring an ecosystem-in-a-bottle, a real black panther, and the sound of butterflies.
Featuring a new malaria vaccine, insects made of flowers, and NASA’s advice for your houseplants.
Featuring unmasked icons, joyful summers, and a bride & groom with water guns.
Featuring climbing beans, ASL slam poetry, and how to stay calm.
Featuring unzipped buildings, a cool Vespa, and John Malkovich.
Featuring dumb English laws, an idyllic co-working space, and Good Talk.
Featuring skydivers, subway riders, and stylish reptiles.
Featuring haka, underwater restaurants, and an insane library.
Featuring floating islands, Greenland, and a horse who is a serious Star Wars fan.