this was a good week
This was a good week! Here’s why:
• We spoke with our contractor, and he tells us that as of today, we’re ahead of schedule — and barring any unforeseen circumstances, we should be back in our home within the next 6 weeks. Alleluia, alleluia. Also, we have kitchen countertops!
• This woman does cross-stitch for hip-hop artists. Yeah, I didn’t expect that either.
• My friend Jenny is watching a horror show a day for the entire month of October. If I liked horror, I would totally do this (although I will say the movie Get Out is brilliant, and everyone should watch it.)
• My friend Stasia’s thoughts on style and inside-out congruency are amazing. Everyone should watch this awesome TEDx talk.
• Speaking of style, famed fashion photographer Bill Cunningham’s posthumous memoir of style just came out, and I’m thinking about getting it.
• And finally, for today’s soundtrack, sister duo Larkin Poe cover Phil Collins’ In the Air Tonight, and it’s gorgeous. Click here or the image below to listen.
With that, I’m off to L.A. for my first speaking gig of October. Have a great weekend, friends.
Featuring tiny houses, giant kites, and a love train.
Featuring small tomato plants, small whales, and small talk.
Featuring elephant seals, a pimped-out wheelchair, and rolled snow. As you do.
Featuring a s’cool bus, a surfer, and a soft “skeleton.”
Featuring Abraham Lincoln, getting naked, and a baby on a hoverboard.
Featuring an awesome kindergarten teacher, a haunted forest, and a sweet lullaby.
Featuring books, paper and the dark side of the moon.
Featuring murals, an inclusive dance company, and an iconic holiday song.
Featuring Snoopy’s flying doghouse, a sweet December video, and gorgeous LEGOs.
We have keys!