this was a good week
This was a good week. But first of all, apologies for not blogging very much this week. It started off great — Marcus celebrated his 49th birthday on Monday — but then, the week went pear-shaped, with Alex receiving a confirmed diagnosis of mono (or for those of you who are British, glandular fever). Needless to say, it’s been all hands on deck as a result, since (like so much in my life lately), getting over mono is apparently a marathon, not a sprint. But I’m grateful that we have an answer to her sudden weird fevers, and she’s being a trooper about it all, so nowhere but up. (That said, all good thoughts, wishes and prayers for her speedy recovery are gratefully accepted.)
Here’s what else was good in this week:
• Jarrad Seng tries out the new GoPro without cracking a smile. I love this. (And this is actually what Marcus got for his birthday!)
• I love Ali’s reasons for walking — I’ve been walking regularly for a few months lately, and am starting to realize that its benefits are more than physical.
• How comedy works — and how this can apply to your life. Michael Jr’s TEDx talk is just lovely. Be sure to watch to the end.
• This video from the late Amy Krouse Rosenthal about what matters most. I had the great fortune to meet and spend time with Amy several years ago, so this video made me especially happy.
• And finally, for today’s soundtrack, and oldie-but-a-goodie: You make my dreams, as performed by Daryl Hall and Kenny Loggins. I know this seems to come out of left field, but for some reason, Alex has been singing this to herself a lot lately (I have no idea where she heard it), and it’s become her happy song. When she was getting blood drawn this week, this is what kept her calm. And rather than the original Hall & Oates version, I thought I’d share this joy-filled one.
Click here or the image below to watch and listen. Trust me, it’s a happy earworm.
Have a great weekend, friends. See you next week.